Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My Kairos moment

College life.
A life that many say they would not trade for anything else.
A life that many say we can enjoy to the fullest.
A life that many say there's nothing to be worried about.
A life that many say we can always cherish.

We wake up. We go to school. We work. We study. We hang out. We have lunch at the student center. We go to class. We hang out again. We study again. We work again. We sleep. We wake up again the next day. We go to class. We work. We work again. We hang out again. We eat. We sleep again.

It seems like it's repetitious. It seems like it's so monotone. It seems like it's predicted.

If it is that way, why do I even continue schooling? I even thought of pursuing another degree after graduation. So, what is it about school life that really attracts me?

Many of my friends complain that school life is totally boring. Many claim that it's very monotone. However, I don't feel that way. I feel that my school life is very colorful. My school life is always unpredicatable. My school life is simply GREAT!

And this is what God intends to do in our lives, whether it is a working or school life. He doesn't want our lives to be boring. He doesn't want us to feel stupid. God has blessed me with so many things in so many different areas. I have wonderful brothers and sisters that I can always count on. I have great friends that are there with me. I have a great church that supports me and lifts me up in their prayers. And this is what God wants to do in your life. All you need to do is just ask God. It's just that simple. When God is involved in our life, He will direct us to His prosperous plan. It's His promise.

There were times in the past when I totally ignored God. There were times when I felt that God was unfair. There were times when I felt that going to church and fellowships are not worth it. There were times when I felt I should just get away from those church people.

Guess what? It didn't last very long. God pulled me back into His circle. And also, I felt that I've missed out on a lot of cool stuffs.

My Christian friends, I really encourage you to get connected with other fellow believers, if you haven't done so. You'll never know what God wants to do in your life. My other friends, I really encourage you to get a taste of what it is like to be connected to a group that supports you in anyway. Get a glimpse of how great your life can be when God is moving. I encourage you to give God at least a chance to fulfill His promise, coz you'll be surprised!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have an interesting accountability partner, n ive enjoyed every moment!

Lee Ya said...

hahaha! thank you!

Anonymous said...

There is a lot to do in this world. We just have to seek it. Rearrange routines once in a while to preven monotony. That's what I do. I came across a site today that seems interesting. It's http://www.ypwichita.org/ It's paid membership. However, WSU is a member of the initiative, thus the membership could be free.

Lee Ya said...

I'll sure check that out! Thanks