Sunday, January 07, 2007

new year's resolution(s)?

I once told my friends that I want to make a list of the so called Amelia Hendra's New Year Resolutions, simply because I've never had a list made! Never! So, that was kinda my new year resolution - making a new year resolution - if that makes sense. I even told them that I would make up a list just to go with the crowd. Everybody has one, so miss amelia should have one too! :)

This week I've been sick literally all week - didn't go to work, didn't go to church (man, I feel so convicted when I woke up this afternoon!). There were times when I really sat down and really tried making up a list. Guess what! It didn't work! Haha! Well, no matter what Amelia is still Amelia, isn't it? Well, not that I'm not motivated or anything to achieve a goal or perhaps goals this year, but speaking out of my own experience I find that whatever I had planned didn't match with what I've gotten or experienced.

For some reasons, God has taught me a BIG FAT lesson over the past few years. What I've learned through my personal devotions, sermons and group bible studies has actually come alive - my plan is certainly not His plan! He has brought my numerous last minute's surprise gifts that made me go, "WOW, GOD!"

This is really nothing against those who have made a new year's resolution. I still do believe that it's good for us to make up a list of goals that serves as a reminder for the year. And trust me, somehow I still wanna make up a list just so that I can tell others, "Oh yeah, I've made a list before!" :)

So this week, although I was sick and weak, my relationship with God has grown deeper. I was really fed with His Word - and it's amazing! I'm so content! And this year and the years ahead, my 'resolution' would be to become.... "a lady after His own heart!" And I pray that I may come to know Him, grow in Him and love Him more and more every minute of my life. Oh Lord, I'm so in love....

Oh by the way, I think I do need a second resolution! "I MUST LOSE WEIGHT!" And this is for real! Whewww, at least now I can tell others that "Oh, yeah! I did make up a new year's resolution before!"

1 comment:

joel said...

u are in good shape!!!! lose weight shouldn't be ur new year res