Thursday, June 23, 2005

Time flies! Yeah, it really does...

Was sad to see my sisters leave for home a couple weeks back, thinking "What was I thinking? Why am i staying, again? Why did I choose to stay in Wichita for another month?" For a nite, I thought something must have been wrong with me...

When I was talking about it with my friend that nite, he paused and asked "Yeah, I also wonder why!" Hahaha... Sure didn't expect that kind of a response, but in the end he assured me that one month will go away without me even realizing it. It'll be very fast!

And, thank God!

I'm blessed to have Joey who has been here with me day and nite; who makes me laughed and smiled at what he does; and who makes me worried and broke into tears when he's not well.

I'm blessed with many wonderful friends who have been very faithful to keep me accompanied.

And another thing, I'm sooo blessed with fantastic students! As I mentioned in my previous entry on this blog, I have the best batch of students this semester. And I'm not kidding, ya'll! They joke with me. They laugh with me and sometimes AT me (thanks, kids! *eye rolling emoticon*). They even said they want to make a class' t-shirt that says "PUBLIC SPEAKING SUMMER 2005" with my picture on it. They are a bunch of crazy kids! They sometimes make the weirdest and funniest comments. They asked stupid questions! Ok, let me clarify before I move on. You probably say, hey, there is no stupid question. Yes, we're trained to believe in that. However, it's stated on the 2nd of the 5 rules in Grad School. Yes, in grad school we believe that "There are stupid questions."

But, despite their craziness and 'stupidity' when it comes to choosing topics for impromptu speeches, I love them! Yeah, I mean it!

I still remember how nervous they were when they first gave their introduction speech. And now, they got better and better. They even made comments that they start liking public speaking now! UNBELIEVABLE! And I can totally see how they've improved for the past three weeks. Now, I'm proud to say that some of them have turned to be better speakers and many have turned to be great speakers!

This is something that teachers do find lovely. Yes, it's when we see our students grow and get better at something that we teach. There is a feeling of satisfaction that no one can never imagine. It's definetely better than having marble slab's ice cream; it's better than walking down the 5th avenue in New York City; and it's probably better than getting a new car as a graduation gift (well, not really! But, anyhow!). In short, I can testify that it's a JOY!

It probably seems like I have exagerated the situation. But this is really what I feel as a teacher. It would be a 'lil hard for me to see these kids 'go' next week. I don't know if I would ever have as great students as they are. But, life moves on!

Now, I just realize that yes, my friend! Time really flies! It happens before I even notice it. I'm leaving in 12 days. I'm sad to leave Joey by himself, but at the same time I know that it's gonna be another exciting life too back home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

T-minus 12 days and counting... and I tend to agree with you about the relevance of "there are no stupid questions". Anyone who believes in that phrase probably has never worked in Tech Support. The most common stupid question, "It's asking me to press any key. Where is the 'any' key?"

Jasmine said...

suddenly realize thats probably how nancy felt about us in c305...

anyway don't be sad lah, at least after a long and exhausting flight, you will see my beautiful face with a warm hug ready for you wat....good deal or not? i tell you ah, you better look forward to it! hahaha

Lee Ya said...

Hahaha! Sureeeee