Friday, June 17, 2005

WOW.. yeah... WOW!

Two nites ago, my friend stopped by my 'lil corner' and read my thoughts on the "things that make me go hmmm....." He commented as we were chatting on msn, "You are at a point in your life where your friends start moving away..."And I realized, yeah! It's so true!

I still can't believe how fast time really flies. Seems like it was just yesterday (well, not really!) when I organized my high school's prom nite together with my friends; when I got excited for my highschool graduation; when I applied for communication schools in the US; when I packed my belongings back home to come here to the States; and when I actually got here in Wichita and cried on my first nite thinking "what kind of town is this?" Geez! That was about 5 years ago!

The same nite, I was chatting with Kerry and Chuan on msn to do another 'catching up.' Beyond, one of our friends who was in Wichita before, is now a GM for his own company in Penang! Wow! Hey Beyond, need a marketing or a communication person? *wink wink* Oh wait! If he does, then I have to move to Penang? Hahaha!! Ooppss...

As we were talking about something, Chuan said "hey faster faster... I have a meeting!" Wah! This Chuan, who I used to hang out with back in those old days; who taught me how to drive; who brought me here and there in Wichita; who got on my nerves sometimes (haha! joking!), is actually an 'important' person now too!

Then, Kerry, of course, has been doing a lot of thinking about her future now. I still remember when she and I giggled about everything as she was preparing for her Miss Asia Contest; when we took turn skipping the geology class and actually gave up and skipped together; when we went to the gym, ran on the treadmill together and sat in the sauna talking about crazy things; when we prepare for the Valentine's celebration. And now, she's gonna go on with her life leaving all those fun school memories behind!

Jasmine, who always scolds me for being 'gong gong' a.k.a stupid; who used to always ask me how to curl her hair; who always drags me to the library to do research; who stops by my office every morning to chit chat, has a five-year plan already. She's gonna pursue PHd! You go, girl!


Then I thought about my girlfriends from highschool. Rosa has a permanent job now! Monik is doing her export and import furniture business. Fenny is now working at Citibank in Singapore. Priska is doing her dentist thingy...

Another friend, Jeremy is also working at some material handling company in Malaysia. When we were talking about going to Singapore to see Hillsong's concert in August. After we both got excited and all, he told me, "Hey! Let me know early, if you are going! Coz I need to apply for a leave. " Then he said, "I'm afraid I can't take a leave, coz I'm always on call even during weekends."

Then, I also heard from my girlfriends that one girl from our highschool is getting married this weekend in Kuala Lumpur and a friend from elementary school this summer in Ames, Iowa and another friend from junior high school early next year in Indonesia...

WOW! Everyone is now on a different track of life trying to pursue their dreams... So, yeah! I guess you're right, my friend! I'm really at that point of life now! Wow!

3 comments:

Herrotzky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Herrotzky said...

Hehehe...It's funny to see that whenever we are remembering the past, there's nothing much we could do besides remembering, smiling, and laughing the things we and our friends did in the past... well... That's life... I guess...

Anonymous said...

you also have a plan wat. my plan is your plan; your plan is my plan......do you need me to say gong gong all the time?

gong gong.