Monday, November 21, 2005

I left my heart in Boston....

So, I came back yesterday afternoon from a fabolous trip to Boston. As some of you know, I went there for the 91st National Communication Association Convention. Packed my bags on Tuesday nite and left Wichita very early in the morning on Wednesday. A lot of things stood out from the trip and I'm gonna share just a bit of what I experienced in Boston. The rest, of course, I'll keep it for myself...

The conference itself was great. I got to bring back lotsa papers to add to my precious 'Conference's Papers' collection. I went to some panels related to Interpersonal Communication and Human Communication and Technology. The conference really spoke to me. Although I felt so little surronded by famous scholars and those intelligent and brilliant doctoral students, I was totally fascinated! I feel that they speak my 'language.' Yes, my 'language.'I feel that I belong to that world. I feel that the questions that were raised about the paper I presented really add to my curiosity. I feel inspired to expand my research. This whole conference made me think, "Should I take this route? Should I just not care about the social stigma that I've encountered for the past months? Should I just close my eyes and ears and pursue what I really want in life? Or, should I take another route and run away from my dream?"

On Friday, Jasmine and I toured the Harvard University. The whole school environment and seeing students walking by really made me feel that this is the community where I want to be for the rest of my life. Well, not necessarily going to Harvard for school. But, I just feel that I want to be surrounded by college students for the rest of my life wherever I am. I love the smell of the old books. I love the excitement of having AHA moments when it comes to research. I love collecting conference's papers. And, I love going for conferences and meeting those people who speak my 'language.'

On Saturday, Jasmine and I went to Quincy Market for lighting ceremony. Again, Amelia was totally excited. With the very cold weather; with people walking around with their loved ones, their children, their families, their friends; with the extra thick coats, hats and scarfs that people were wearing; and the most beautiful one is, with the sound of Christmas songs played by those trumpets and trombones; Amelia was stunned. This is something that I've been dreaming of about Christmas, my favorite season of all times.

This Boston trip was great! It was fabolous! It was perfect!

My whole idea of Christmas was redefined.
My whole idea of life was reintroduced.
And, my whole heart was left there....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i see your struggle, i see your frustration;

but i also see hopes and dreams and aspirations;

i wish that you will someday find the courage to stop wandering down the hallways of life, wondering whats in each door.

step in, and feel the enchantment of being in a place you've always dreamed about!

**GRE on me!

Anonymous said...

what a GEEK!! :)

Lee Ya said...

apa siii ndudeeee!!