Saturday, November 05, 2005

Lebaran euyyyy....!!!

So here I am blogging again... I found myself pretty active lately... Well, well, well! I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish my friends who celebrate Eid, "Selamat Lebaran! Minal Aidin Wal Faizin!"

We went to this Hari Raya party at one of the Indonesian families here in Wichita. And as always, there is one thing that you'll never regret going for Indonesian parties. It is yummy food!

And because today was Lebaran, the food was exceptional! Oh yeah! There were lots of food. Oh man! I wanted to try everything on the table, but of course with the sore throat and cough that I have now, I kinda have to behave myself a bit. Specially with that long email my mom sent this morning, "Don't eat too much spicy food, okay?" Then a friend of mine kinda said the same thing also before I left to the party today. So, yeah, I tried to control myself. But there is one dish that I just can't resist. I just got to have it. It's "Gule Telor." Yummmm! It was good and spicyyyy!

For many of you, it may not be one thing that you will find interesting. But I can assure you that my Boston friend a.k.a Huan would be extremely jelaous! Hahahha! SO, Huan, here's what we had at the party: Ketupat, Gule Telor, Sayur Lodeh, Ikan Pesmol, Opor Ayam, Kering Tempe, Tempe Mendoan, Perkedel, Rendang.... Kangen ga Huannn???? Hahahhahahaa!

2 comments:

Herrotzky said...

tega loe tegaaa asli tega asli asli asli tegaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........... ngga kenal deh pokok'e nanti kapan seh... 2 minggu lagi ye... huh...

Lee Ya said...

Huahuahuahuahuaa! Makanyaaaaa sapa suruh pindah ke ibukota? Udah gua bilang dari dulu, jangan lupa pepatah nenek moyang kita laaaa..... Ibukota lebih kejam dari ibu tiri laaaa...... Huhuhuhu