Saturday, March 18, 2006

My fabolous chinese experience..

I went to a Chinese Bible Study today! Haha! You probably think, what is wrong with Amelia? Haha! Yah, if I were you, I think you're asking a very valid question. I didn't understand any word they said. But, I still went! Why? Because one of my girlfriends here in Wichita accepted the Christ about two weeks ago, and today she gave her testimony about how God touched her heart. Totally learned a lot... There were seven of them who gave testimonies. Yes, they were all in Chinese. And they were all wonderful! Thanks to Yong Chen for being a great translator too!

I enjoyed the singing part. Although I couldn't read the words on the powerpoint, I knew the songs in my own language. So, I hummed... Those were really the songs I grew up with... I felt like I was home... The style of the service was exactly the same as how we did it back home. The format of the worship was very similar too! The only difference was the language...

The funny thing was that when I walked into the room, couple people smiled and said, "Ni Hao?" And everytime they wanted to say something, my friends has to tell them that I don't know Chinese.. Haha! So, I guess I really look Chinese? Haha! Well, yes I am Chinese, but I just don't know how to speak the language. People say I'm a banana (yellow on the outside, but white inside) But, today I just felt the confirmation of being Chinese haha! Must be my moisturizers and creams! Also another funny part is, I always knew when it's time to pray.. Yong Chen laughed at me! He just didn't remember that I know the word "Tao Kao" means pray... But that's fine... I let him had fun by laughing at me today...

Anyways, had a great time! Looking at how they got saved, I'm still praying for some of my friends. I know my timing isn't God's. I'm just waiting, praying and surrendering for God to touch their hearts...

No comments: