Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

This thanksgiving break is certainly different than other thanksgiving breaks I used to have. The most obvious one is I don't have to catch up on homeworks, papers, or exams this time. Wow! This is something that I'm actually very thankful for!

Coming from a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, I definetely find this 'holiday' very special. Being a Christian, my parents always reminded us that we should give thanks to God at all times and all circumstances. But, setting a day aside to specially give thanks to God is actually very cool.

Today God really reminded me that I'm very blessed that wherever I am, I always have a family or two who I can spend thanksgiving with. And it is so true. I have been in America for six years, and I always have a place to go for Thanksgiving. And today I even got to experience two kinds of thanksgiving: American and Asian.

As I celebrate thanksgiving today, I'm thankful for:
1. the grace of salvation God has granted to me
2. my beloved parents and sisters
3. my lovely baby and monty
4. the mission
5. my wonderful friends wherever they are (wichita, kc, indiana, iowa, indonesia, malaysia, singapore, and so on)
6. my tough job (yay! at least I'm employed :) )
7. all nations baptist church
8. my uncertain visa situation (which helps me to cling more on God)
9. and many many more....

Today, I am reminded (again) of the hymn "Count Your Blessings." As my mom always said, God is good. He's always faithful to those are who are faithful in Him. She always reminds us to always count our blessings and be thankful for what He has done in our lives. So, what are you thankful for today?

Count your blessings name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God has done...
Count your blessings, name them one by one
Count your many blessings and see what God has done...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. It was great to have you with us for the weekend.