Monday, November 27, 2006

What would I do without You?

So I had to drive back from Wichita to KC last night after a great weekend with my sisters and friends.

So I had to go back to my routine of waking up early in the morning, getting ready for work, saying "bye" to Baby, locking my apartment, going down the stairs, pulling out of the car port, 'flying' to work, stopping at two traffic lights, pulling in to the work's parking lot, opening my office's door, turning on my PC, reading my Bible, saying a morning prayer, checking my e-mails, getting through my to-do list for the day, closing my office's door, pulling out of my work's parking lot, driving back to my apartment, pulling in to the car port, going up the stairs, unclocking my apartment, greeting Baby, sitting down and finally catching my breath...

A co-worker a.k.a mentor finally told me today that I've got to slow down. She's definetely not the first one to say that. So she said, "Amelia, you push yourself too hard. Give yourself sometime. Let your hair down.." And, It really got Amelia thinking.

God has opened doors for me throughout my life that I just could never envisioned. From coming to America to study, to going to graduate school, to teaching at a college level in America, to doing an international ministry, to getting a job in such a short time after graduation. Those may not be anything to others; but they sure are something for me.

Looking back, - although I count them as blessings - I realized I have always been on-the-go in my life. I have never really slowed down. Perhaps she is right. Perhaps now is really the time - the time when I just need to stop and just marvel at His grace.

God has always worked things out for my good (according to Him). What's more, He has kept me tight in the palm of His hand. And though a lot of times I find myself veering to the left and right; He has, indeed, been faithful to keep my faith in Him from being veered.

I have heard people preaching to me, read books, seen people's lives testimony - I even taught my girls and my people at CIRCLES - that God has a purpose to whatever He is doing. There are many things I do or experience now that I do not want to trade with anything else in the world. However, there are also many many things that I do or experience that I do wish not for me to taste. I do believe that He has a purpose and plan for me all along, even when I wasn't paying attention. God desires and has the power - I realized - to align us and position us to be where we are (geographically and spiritually) for His purposes.

Although I may not know why I was brought here. Although I may not understand how can this be His purpose. I know one thing for sure.

I was made to adore Him.
I was made to glorify Him.
I was made to fulfill His higher purpose that I don't even have the clue what it is.

All I can say now is, thank You, Lord!

For the fast-paced life I have had, thank You, Lord!
For taking me out of my comfort zone, thank You, Lord!
For all You've given to me, thank You, Lord!
For all You've done in my life, thank You, Lord!
For all the blessings I still cannot see, thank You, Lord!
And for helping me to slow down, I thank You more and more, Lord!

What would I do without You, Lord?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey amel,stay strong there :) Wichita people always supporting you !!!!!!!!! Greetings from wichita ~~~~

Anonymous said...

always... we're only a phone call away