Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Transition...

I still find myself adjusting, transitioning, settling in, or switching the lifestyle that I used to have when I was a student. It seems like I've been in KC for quite some time, but I just realized that I have been here not even for four months yet (well, in two days...).

As exciting as the job can be, I was reminded by one of my pastors that it sure doesn't come without stress. I don't think I'm stressed, through. That's not the point. But, I have to admit that it's very challenging. I really do miss what I used to have.

I do miss classroom. Everytime I see the students at the place I work walking with their sweater, jeans and backpack, somehow I feel like switching role with them. I miss going from class to class. I miss printing my big paper five minutes before the class started. I miss hanging out at the students center to chit chat and simply do nothing.

I do miss taking a nap! Oh, this is certainly the greatest challenge I have working full time. I really used to having 1-2 hours nap back in those days. Oh, how I miss it!

I do miss my Wichita friends! They are just a great mix of students. Love each one of them!

And the thing I miss the most is The Mission. I do miss the exciting, nurturing, soothing time of worship I used to have with them! I miss prayer meetings! I miss lifting each other up in prayers and worships! I do miss circles! I do miss every single thing about the Mission! I even miss having a hard time choosing which restaurant to go after church service each Sunday. I just miss everyone at The Mission! Everything just felt so right back then...

Although I know and believe God has a wonderful, marvelous, glorious plan for my days ahead, sometimes I still wonder why KC. I just don't understand. And I'm sure it's not for me to understand everything right now either.

As I'm writing this entry now, the song "My Hope" by Hillsong is on on my WinAmp. And it's so encouraging. God is good and faithful to me... Words can't even describe...

"You are righteous. You love justice. And those who honour you will see Your face. I will arise and lift my eyes to see Your majesty, Your holiness. And all I am will bless You. My hope is in the name of the Lord where my help comes from. You're my strength, my song. My trust is in the name of the Lord. I will sing your praise. You are faithful."



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all miss you. Your infectious laugh, your cute smile, your witty remarks. Come visit us often.

You can still help us decide where to eat after church :) I'll call you this Sunday, after church, and you can tell me where you want to go.

Anonymous said...

just woke up from a nap *yawn* it sure feels good i tell ya!
HAHAHHAA

miss ya.
printing papers 5 minutes before class just ain't right without you running to the printer with me.

Lee Ya said...

You guys are just so sweet!
Jasmine, miss ya too girl! Not writing papers is not right for me either!