Tuesday, November 07, 2006

lee ya is back....

Wow! I didn't realize that it's been ages since I posted my thoughts here.

Life has been so interesting since I moved up here in Kansas City. It's totally different with student's life that I had been living for practically all my life...

The good thing is I'm so blessed to do what I'm doing now. This is really what I went to school for. I love communications. I really do. Everyday is so different.

I do wear so many "hats," which is the part that I like the most of the job.

One day I am a writer. I just write, write and write all day. I write press releases, stories, ad copies, weekly newsletters and of course e-mails. I do love e-mails.

One day I am a photographer. Yeah! In fact, the people at the place I work often say that camera is part of my attire! Specially with my sunglasses, yeah! I'm so a paparazzi! I take pictures for all the events that go on on campus.

One day I get to be AMELIA EARHART! For those of you who don't know, she was the first woman who flew across the Atlantic Ocean. Very remarkable woman despite the fact that she dissapeared and never came back. For more, you can simply google it! I got to be AMELIA EARHART, coz I flew around Kansas City last week. They wanted me to take pictures of the campus, the Plaza and the downtown from the top! It was an AMAZING experience!

One day I get to be a graphic designer. I design, design, design and design all day. I put together promotional materials: newspaper ads, direct-mail pieces, magazine layouts, and lots more.

One day I get to be a public relations person. I hold press conference. I make sure we have good connections with the media.

One day I get to be an event planner. I hold community functions and presentations.

One day I get to be a Web site person. Haha! A lot of my friends know that I'm kind of a computer illterate person. But hey, a job is a job. Gotta do what I've got to do. Gotta learn what I've got to learn. So yeah, I've been trying to update my work's Web site. Well, like I said, I tried... :)

One day I get to be a greeter. For those of you who like going to Wal-mart, you will always see a person that greets you, "Hi! Welcome to Wal-mart, how are you doing?" Well, I'm not exactly doing that. But, every Tuesday and Wednesday 9:30 a.m., I usually start standing by the chapel auditorium's main doors togive my biggest smile, greet and pass out the newsletter to students, faculty and staff. I personally love doing this, because I get to meet a lot of people.

One day I get to be a talker. I talk and talk and talk and talk on the phone. Sometimes the phone just rings and rings the whole day. Sometimes it just doesn't! It's just interesting...

One day I get to be an eater.This is not a joke at all. There was one week that I literally went out seven days straight lunch and dinner. Not that I want to, but it's just what I have to do with this job. There are lunch and dinner invitations and not forgetting those banquets to attend. Yeah, I'm fat!

Well, all I can say is I'm truly blessed!

And I give the glory and honor to my Father in Heaven... I really wouldn't have been here if it wasn't because of Him.

I often quote my favorite verse Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." AMEN!

God is good and He has always been. I can never thank Him enough for what He has done!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeyyyyyyy you're back!!!! You're back!!! I was a lil bit worry!!! :) welcome back liaaaaaaaaa :)

Anonymous said...

welcome back! I have been waiting for your post. It's good to see you post again.

Anonymous said...

Fainelehhhh!!! dang... u are freakin' busy a'ite... good to hear from u again anywayz...

Lee Ya said...

Thank you thank youuuu.... I think I will start blogging again....