Thursday, December 21, 2006

Follow Me, Lee Ya!

Wow, Lord! I'm so overwhelmed with Your grace! Been listening to this song called "God of All Creation" by Hillsong United over and over again at work, in my car, or anywhere I can listen to my music since Monday. This is really a song that I can relate to right now.
I'm totally abandoned to You
I'm lost inside the rivers of Your love
I'm swept into the power of Your presence
Drawn toward the whisper of Your voice

I come to You in quiet adoration
And fall before Your feet You are my King
I'm living for the beauty of Your Presence
To behold the glory of Your face
This is so real right now to me. God has spoken to me in His magnificent ways these few days. Just when I need it the most, He really wraps His arms around me, comforts me with His Word and picks me up from the ground.

On Sunday, He promised me through Psalm 34 that He is always close to me. He promised me that He even will guard my bones that none of them will be broken. I finally gave up, washed my hands from all these, and let Him take over.

On Monday, He really showed me that He, indeed, TAKES OVER. I was on my last chapter of John for my devotional that night and God reminded me again how He asked Peter three times, whether he loves Him. Peter, of course, said yes.

I totally felt like God was asking me again, "Lee Ya, do you love Me?" I felt moved, uneasy, uncomfortable with that question. At the back of my mind I was like "Yeah, God? What are You talking about?"

The second time He asked, my heart was really stirred.

The third time, I just couldn't take it anymore. I was balling really hard as I read the passage. I felt so convicted. I felt like I've cheated Him all along. When I said, "I love You, Lord," did I really mean what I said? Did I say it with all my heart? Or, did I just pray with ignorance thinking that yeah, I love Him?

At the end, He said "Follow Me!" And right at that moment, I know. I just know the answer to my big question all this while. God is really telling me that it's really not for me to know what He is up to with my situation. I somehow felt like Peter when he asked God what's going to happen with John when he died? And God answered him, "..... what is that to you? You must follow Me." I could really identify with Peter. I'm very nosy as a person. I want to know about everything. Most of my friends said I'm very detailed. But God was telling me that it's really not my business. All I have to do is follow Him.

My God is a great God with a great mind and a great plan. The Holy Spirit is just so real. He's so real that I'm now just lost in His love. I'm totally in awe.

He challenged me with one big question, "Do you love Me enough to trust in me and follow Me even when you don't know where I'm taking you?"

Yes, Lord! I love You. I love You enough to trust my life in You. I love You enough to let You take over my life. I love You enough to let You be my navigator. I love You enough to give You the freedom to work in my life however You want it to be. Let my life be Yours and You be the reason I live. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see that you've changed the format :)

Your blog is very inspiring. I find myself re-reading it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

joel said...

hey jiejie,thanks for stopping by :) I have sent a card to you when you get it, just text me a message :)