Tuesday, January 02, 2007

And I will be still....

"When the oceans rise and thunders roar, I will soar with You above the storm.
Father, You are King over the flood. I will be still and know You are God."

This song is stuck in my head for the past few days. A lot of times I don't understand why things happen the way they are. My family members are physically not well at the moment. Both my dad and my youngest sister, Melissa, are in the hospital affected by dengue fever. Jennifer was sick too a couple days ago with similar symptoms. Melissa was admitted to the hospital on Dec. 31.

As I was getting ready to prepare for new year's eve service, I got a text message from Mom saying that my dad had to stay in the hospital too because his condition is even worse than Melissa's. Mom also asked me to pray for her, because she's having the same symptoms too. I couldn't contain my sorrow anymore that time. I was balling! I told Him more and more that I just couldn't take it anymore. I was overwhelmed. My only prayer was, "God, heal my family!"

This morning I got a text mesage from Mom saying that my grandma had to be out in the ICU because she got a heart attack. My mind is just at home now... How I wish I was there to help or do whatever I can.... Those of you who read this entry, I really covet your prayers. I know things happen for a reason. And mostly I know that God is in control. The Devil won't bring me down or keep me from serving my sovereign Lord because of all these incidents.

Somehow I'm always brought back to my life verse Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work for good for those who love Him, for those who are called according to His purpose." Amen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!