Friday, January 05, 2007

Christ, You are my solid Rock!

During this situation I'm constantly reminded of His grace in my life. Somehow God often speaks to me through songs. This morning I was brought to this old hymn that we use to sing at church back home "The Solid Rock." I personally love the chorus.

This is my third day staying home. I'm still recuperating from the flu. God has once again shown me when I'm on my weakest mode, He is strong. God has spoken to me in a lot of ways. He also keeps reminding me that His arm is streched out to give me love and comfort through my brothers and sisters in Christ. Yesterday the girls at office came by and brought me some orange juice, a box of kleenex (Ha! How do they know I almost ran out of it?), ritz crackers, some medicines and a sweet card. Today, I got some more stuffs! Chicken soup and a bunch of Christian movies! And as I was finishing up this entry, someone knocked on my door. It was a FedEx lady. I got a card from my bros and sisters in Wichita. Oh, how I'm blessed! You guys have no idea how much I appreciate your love and care! Thanks a lot! Without God and all of you, I couldn't make it this far....

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness seems to hide His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace.
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

His oath, His covenant, His blood,

Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.

No comments: