Monday, June 26, 2006

A year in remembrance ....

Exactly today, a year ago, I got ready to teach my summer's public speaking class. As usual I woke up at around 7:15 a.m. My class was at 8:50 a.m. on the other side of the town. I got ready, took the dog out of the crate to do his business. But, he was just too weak. He didn't wanna move. So, I told him, "Okay, Joey, mommy will be back in about two hours, okay?" I put him back in the crate and left.

I taught the class, listened to some impromptu speeches, laughed with my students, then drove back home.


As soon as I came home, I did my usual greeting, "Hey Joeyyyyyy!" with a high tone of voice, while taking off my shoes. I passed by his crate and went straight to my room to change clothes.

After I got out of the room, I opened the crate and found that my baby Joey was gone.
I screamed. I was shocked. I cried and cried and cried.
I was totally devastated. I had no clue why this happened so fast.

This image is still very vivid in my mind even until today. It certainly was not easy at all. I remember myself sitting in front of the computer grieving, sitting at the living room crying by myself. Yeap, it happened exactly a year ago. It took me about six months to really get over it.

I have a special memory with this little guy. Joey was special. He really was....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He will always be remembered. Joey was very lucky to have you as an owner.

Destri Andorf said...

awww.... I'm so sorry :( so sad... :(